Based in: Moscow
From: Russian Federation
Studied at: Moscow Mining Institute in 1979 and in Economics at the Council for the Study of Production Factors under the Academy of Science and the State Planning Committee of the USSR (PhD degree)
Languages: Russian, English
I’m Alexander Averchenkov, and I provide technical support to and the day-to-day management of the Russia - UNDP Partnership, also designated as manager of the Russia-UNDP Trust Fund for Development.
My main areas of expertise:
1. Sustainable Development and Development Cooperation
2. Technical assistance and capacity development,
3. International financial institutes,
4. Global Environmental Facility,
5. International project/program design, management and implementation
I have more than 35 years of professional experience; including 10 years in top management positions in governmental ministries and agencies, and 15 years of consulting for the World Bank, UNDP, UNEP and other international organizations and companies.
I am responsible for the key inputs into coordinating all facets of UNDP’s strategic partnership with Russia; for leading the support of the implementation of the Partnership Framework Agreement and for the proper management of the Trust Fund, which includes ensuring:
· consistency between project activities and the trust fund terms of reference;
· donor reporting requirements, as described in the trust fund terms of reference (TOR), are fully complied with;
· no overspending of trust fund resources;
· timely collection of contributions in accordance with the payment schedule;
· accurate recording of all activities relating to the trust fund; and
· compliance with UNDP’s financial regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
Some recent achievements
2015 Participated in formulation and negotiations of the Agreement on the establishment of the Russia-UNDP Trust Fund for Development, signed on 11 June 2015.
2013-2014 Participated in formulation and negotiation of the Partnership Framework Agreement with Romania (2013-2015), signed in January 2015. Supported creation of active projects pipeline (10+ projects); from which five projects (for Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan) were approved for funding. Coordinated organization of UNDP – Russia – BRICS and UNDP – Russia - SCO international expert seminars. Supported to a series of targeted information briefings for senior management of Rossotrudnichestvo and key Russian ministries’ representatives.
For more details, you are welcome to contact me directly: